Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Music to doze to

I've been doing a lot of work on my computer at night lately, mostly copyediting. (When I'm not playing Cake Mania, that is.) While I'm doing that, I like to have my "Mellow" iTunes playlist going. I need some sort of background noise, but anything much more than instrumental music or Michael Bublé distracts me. A good chunk of that playlist is movie scores.

It's been a while since I've listened to a lot of these, and I keep noticing the Gladiator soundtrack. I used to have to have music playing as I fell asleep (ironically, now I can't have music playing when I try to fall asleep), and I spent the summer after college graduation listening to that CD as I lay in bed. So every time I hear certain songs on that soundtrack, it brings me back. Like, I usually got partway through "The Battle" before I dozed off, and would vaguely hear it as it crescendoes. For some reason, "Now We Are Free" stands out to me, too.

It is a really good score.

No comments: