Thursday, March 27, 2008

Plus, teachers are hot

I have found myself really enjoying Miss Guided. At first I wasn't too sure; it seemed cute, but the main character, Becky, seemed a bit too cheerful. (Also, do many adults still go by "Becky"? It's like still being called "Billy" when you're 30.) But she, and the show, have grown on me. I guess in some ways I feel like I relate to Becky; I absolutely love her awkwardness around her crush, Tim, and how she tries to act cool around him and the English teacher. And she doesn't like beer. Awesome.

Tonight just cemented it. Breakfast Club shout-out and Edie McClurg as Mrs. Pool? It was too perfect.

In another one of those "You know you're growing up when..." moments, I thought to myself, Tim's cute. I'd date him. And then I knew I was an adult, because even though I certainly crushed on guys like Tim Daly in Wings (still do; I watch it every morning as I get ready for work), it was more like, When I get older. And now I am older. I know that seems obvious, but every now and then, stuff like that catches me off-guard.

Anyway, it's a cute show. I recommend checking it out.

No comments: