Thursday, March 20, 2008

That's Sheriff Vanlowe

Last week I managed to not only forget to record Lost, but I also missed that Reaper would be back. Fortunately I did record this week's, and boy am I glad that I did, because it guest starred Michael Ian Black and Ken Marino. I knew I recognized the name, but it wasn't until I saw him on screen that I started sputtering "Veronica Mars!" at the screen. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember his character's name. The show continued and I started frantically pawing through my DVDs, but none of the brief episode descriptions included his name. And my muttering of "Members Only jacket!" wasn't helping. All I could think was Cliff, but that was the wrong recurring character. It actually wasn't until just now, when I looked him up on IMDb, that I figured out the name (Vinny Vanlowe). I'm just happy because it looks like he'll show up at least in next week's episode, as well. Apparently my imploring, "Recurring!" at the screen did help.

And for some reason, I kept looking at Ray Wise and only seeing Leland Palmer which, as you can imagine, was more than a bit unnerving. The last thing I need before I go to bed is to think of anything that reminds me of Bob. (Spoiler alert, I guess, for anyone who doesn't know about Twin Peaks.) (Also, I just did a search for that, and I saw the images and my stomach just fell. Holy crap, Bob still freaks me out.)

No comments: