Thursday, July 3, 2008

New experience or old favorite?

Much like how I keep saying that I want to go various places in Europe but always wind up back in London, I have a tendency to be like, "Ooh, that play/musical looks good!" and then see the same shows that I've already seen. Lately there's been a lot of theater I was interested in--Christmas Carol 1941 at Arena, Nixon's Nixon at Round House, The Visit at Signature, that play about the American who gets sent overseas where most of the dialogue is in a made-up language. And what did I see? Hairspray.

It's happening again, too. I see that Olney is doing Big River, which I've seen a couple of times and love. I'm really tempted to see it. They're also doing The Mousetrap, which I'd also like to check out. I should go see The Mousetrap, if I'm going to see one, but...I don't know. Of course, maybe inertia will win again, as it has so often lately, and I just won't see anything.

(Also tempting? Les Mis at Wolftrap the end of the summer. It'd be my, like, 9th time. But it's been years since I've seen it last!)

No comments: