Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holiday celebrations, Barb-style

I was out the door this morning and heading to my car when I realized that I didn't have my Jesus Christ Superstar CD with me. I paused for a moment, wondering whether I should go back inside to get it...and totally did. Easter is one of the holidays I use musical theater to celebrate--the other is Independence Day. I always listen to Superstar when I drive up to Baltimore to spend the day with my family, and I try to watch 1776 every July 4. I mean, it's fun to think of history as musical theater, right? (If you want further thoughts on the 2000 production of Superstar, you can check out some entries from April 2001.)

In that spirit, here are a couple of my favorite parts of those productions. (My favorite part of 1776 is actually right after the independence vote passes, when Adams just says, "It is done." But I couldn't find that online.)



No comments: