Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hippity hop

So I was visiting Becca last weekend, and we found ourselves sitting outside a bar on Saturday night chatting. We gradually noticed the total awesomeness of the songs being played--"Humpty Dance," "Baby Got Back," "You Say He's Just a Friend," and so on. Naturally this led to us compiling a list of songs that need to be on this mix. But I'm opening this up to the public--what songs are we missing? And do you want to send me the songs I don't have? (The ones I do have are marked by an X.) Because putting together this mix is going to cost, like, $25, and that sucks. And I refuse on principle to pay for "Me So Horny."

1. Humpty Dance
2. It's Tricky - X
3. Push It
4. Baby Got Back
5. Funky Cold Medina - X
6. Say He's Just a Friend
7. Gettin' Jiggy
8. Shoop
9. Girls
10. Walk This Way (Run DMC)
11. Never Gonna Get It - X
12. Jump Around - X
13. The Dinosaur - X
14. Informer
15. Wasn't Me - X
16. Bombastic
17. 2legit
18. Me So Horny
19. Da Butt
20. Bust a Move
21. OPP
22. Ice Ice Baby
23. I got a man (Positive K)
24. Back to Cali
25. I'm Gonna Knock You Out
26. Boom (Shake the Room) - X
27. Good Vibrations (Marky Mark)
28. Back to Life (Soul II Soul)
29. Motownphilly (Boyz II Men)
30. Jump (Kriss Kross)
31. Strike It Up (Black Box)
32. My Perogative
33. Poison (Bel Biv Devoe)
34. No Diggity

(Cross-posted to my other blog)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fully admit to having a bunch of these songs- I'll burn what Ive got before John Oliver next week.