Sunday, August 9, 2009

More recognition for the Sig

The first show I saw at the Signature was Assassins. I loved it, loved the actors, loved the theater. I had told myself I should see more theater around here, since DC has a really vibrant theater scene, and I was making an effort to go somewhere other than the National and the Kennedy Center. But instead of proceeding to Arena or the Folger or Woolly Mammoth or any of the many others (though I should point out that I have managed to visit a lot of the theaters now), I just kept going back to the Signature. My Fair Lady. Into the Woods. Merrily We Roll Along. Kiss of the Spider Woman. And so on. They do a lot of musicals, which is right up my alley, and I love a lot of the actors who pop up again and again in Signature shows. I'm super excited to see [title of show] and Sweeney Todd this season. Really, I just need to start ushering there. It's a bit of a drive, but would save me a bunch of money.

Anyway, I was psyched when they won the regional Tony this year, and now there's a nice article in the NY Times. I'm just bummed I had to miss the open house yesterday, as I was being a dork and volunteering at Ford's.

Now I just have to figure out how to become BFF with some of the regular cast members...I'm cool, guys! Hang out with me!

No comments: