Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let my DVD go!

I got an email from the Folger inviting me to watched a taped performance of their staging of Macbeth, which was performed there last year. They're showing the video twice on Sunday, the 20th, and the DVD is available for purchase. Now, I saw that production. It was great. And I think it's awesome that it's available for purchase. The thing is, it's part of a series; namely, the Folger Shakespeare Library editions of Shakespeare series. This says to me that they only have DVDs of the Folger productions of Shakespeare's plays. Which, Nooooo! I would pay good money to get my hands on a DVD of their production of Arcadia, which I saw earlier this year.

The one bad thing about live theater is that you can only experience it once. It's so frustrating to know that there are videos of these shows that I would love to own but can't have. I just can't think about this anymore.

(I mean, it's not like it's a show that's on Broadway. Seeing the show on DVD isn't going to keep me from seeing it somewhere else. Trust me. Ditto the Signature production of Assassins.)

No comments: