Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mediocre movies happen

I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. I love them. Quality really doesn't matter--I mean, I've seen most of the ABC Family movies, which should tell you something. And if I like one of the actors in it? I'm done. Count me in! I own the second Bridget Jones movie. I will watch The Wedding Date if TBS is playing it...which it frequently is. I saw License to Wed in the theater. I am a target audience.

So naturally I've been seeing the trailer for Love Happens a lot lately.



And...I don't get it. Is there a hook here? I guess it's that he's a self-help guru? This trailer actually gives away a lot more than the one I've seen on tv does, but it in no way makes me think that there is anything new in this movie. I like Aaron Eckhart. I like Jennifer Aniston. I love Martin Sheen and Judy Greer, but I honestly see no reason to see this movie. There's no hook to make me interested in this movie. Which almost makes me think that this might actually be good...you know, that it's more of a good character study, which just doesn't translate well into trailer format.

Or not. I have suspicions that it's just two pretty people who say they're messed up falling in love. Which, honestly, I don't need to see. Again. I think I'll pass.

No comments: