Saturday, November 13, 2010

Counting the days

Oh my G, people. When I was little, I had a Sesame Street Christmas album (on tape) that I loved. I adored this thing. I only had the tape itself, not the case. But I listened to that thing all the frickin' time around the holidays. To the point that yes, my tape died. And then I couldn't find it on CD. And I was heartbroken, because there's nothing people like more than to relive things from their childhood.

And then, oh day of days!, there it was. On Amazon. I LOVE THE INTERNET. I sampled the songs. The track list was right. And, for $8.99, it was mine. And then I scared the cats by clapping excitedly and squealing. I do not care that it's not even Thanksgiving. I AM LISTENING TO THIS BAD BOY RIGHT NOW.

And I have never been happier.

Edit. I am possibly gaining insight into my psyche. During "The 12 Days of Christmas," they go through and make comments on each piece. Grover had "8 maids a milking" and you hear cows and he says, "Aw, cows!" And I? Love cows. And Grover is my favorite. This all makes sense now!

No comments: