Saturday, October 15, 2011

iTunes as an indicator that I have too many showtunes

I was listening to iTunes and a song called "The Robbery" popped up...and it was one of three with that title. From, yes, three different musicals: Blood Brothers, Les Miserables, and Oliver.

Do you want to know if you have too many showtunes? Check for things like the number of songs you have called "Overture" (my count: 23) or "Entr'acte" (9) or "Finale" (26). I also have 14 "Prologue"s and 4 "Epilogue"s.

I mean, I guess my "Showtunes" playlist with 1,662 songs (nearly 4 days' worth!) is another good indicator. (And no, I'm not entirely sure if it's up-to-date or whether I caught all the showtunes in my library.)

(Another note: I have 5 songs called "Confrontation," but two are different Les Mis recordings and two are different Jekyll & Hyde [don't judge!] recordings.)

No comments: