Monday, May 5, 2008

Maybe something should stop you now

I had a half hour to kill tonight between How I Met Your Mother and Samantha Who? (stupid West Coast baseball games, not starting until 10), so I was flipping around and found Mannequin on some randomly high cable station. Man, it brought me right back. It's funny watching movies from that era, because sometimes I watch and still kind of think that the people look just super cool, even knowing how horrible a lot of their fashions are. But that really isn't what I thought about Mannequin. I just kept cringing, particularly at poor James Spader (well, when I wasn't giggling at him and Andrew McCarthy having scenes together; I just kept thinking about Pretty in Pink). Seriously, just watch this clip.

It's so horrible, but I love it. I mean, Andrew McCarthy is wearing leather pants in that elevator bit. Awesome! Sadly, I'm at a point where I'm like, "Dressing up would be fun, but would it be worth it for a minute or two of playing around like that?" And also, since I was flipping around a bit, I couldn't remember when Andrew McCarthy breaks up with Roxie, so was a bit annoyed to think that he might be cheating on her. When did I get so old?

No comments: