Monday, July 7, 2008

Well, drinking is encouraged on cruises...

I was watching The Travel Channel this weekend, and they were, once again, showing some of the "Samantha Brown goes on a cruise" shows. I've seen most of them before, but I caught one that I hadn't seen--she goes on a weekend cruise with Carnival. It's one of those cruises that is something like 4 days, but only stops at one port of call. Since I'm going on a Carnival cruise this fall, I thought I'd check it out (her previous cruises, like mine, were all with Royal Caribbean).

I really enjoyed it, in large part because of two things: Samantha seemed a lot more relaxed, and it showed that people recognize her. At least twice in the episode, she directly acknowledged that people knew who she was, and that it actually interfered a bit with (a) her weekend, and (b) some of the on-board activities she attended. She didn't seem upset or anything, but put it out there. (And the show illustrated it with a couple of quick montages of her posing for photos.)

As for being relaxed...I don't know. She just seemed a bit more wacky than normal. Maybe she was slightly tipsy the entire time? I enjoy her personality normally, so it was kind of funny seeing her like that.

No comments: