Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stay where we can keep an eye on him

A few years ago, I read Helter Skelter, about the Manson murders. It totally freaked me out. I was freaked by a combination two things. One was the "creepy crawling." See, members of the family would practice breaking into houses and would just crawl around and then leave. I found this way more upsetting than the murders, which were, admittedly, very upsetting. I guess it's just the sense of violation, even though the people never knew.



The other thing that freaked me out were the pictures of Manson. His eyes are just insanely scary. They remind me of this picture of Rasputin that was in a book I read for my Russian history class. So I was happy when the California prison he's being held in released a recent picture of him. He lost the scary. Which is not to say that I want him released when his parole is up in 2012. It's just good to see that he's now just an old man.

Oh, and I definitely recommend reading Helter Skelter. Freaky, but really good!

No comments: