Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dan FTW! Hopefully

As I believe I've written about before, I generally start watching Big Brother, then give up somewhere in the middle of the season. The people annoy me too much, I find other things to do, etc. But this season...I don't think I've enjoyed a season this much since Season 2, when Dr. Will triumphed. Even though the house broke into alliances, they all pretty much got along for quite some time--much longer than usual. And while some people totally sucked, nobody got anywhere near as bad as some of the previous players (Dick, Boogie). And for a while, the alliances were actually somewhat fluid. Plus, throughout, most of the players have kept in mind that it is, you know, a game. Not everyone, but a lot of them.

Also, Dan. Dan is awesome. He's playing a fascinating game; he took elements of Will's game (looking weak), but adapted it. Other people since Will have had good strategies, but I think Dan's is probably the strongest, as he knows that it is something that has to change throughout the season. You can't stick to one thing. Plus, until very recent events, he's been pretty good at being friendly with everyone in the house, which is crucial.

Will last night screw him over in the long run? Getting Ollie and Michelle that pissed at him won't help him if he makes the final two; on the other hand, now we get to see how completely insane they are. And besides, Dan got $20K for being America's Player for a week. Win win.

No comments: